Wednesday 3 February 2016

No Grind Simple Vegetable Pulao

There are days, especially cloudy, gloomy days, when I dont want to have my regular meal, but want to have a simple warm satisfying one plate meal.
Because I will not be in mood to cook, no choice I have to cook, whether I am in a mood or not.
Those days, when kids and hubby are gone out for long school and office hours, like today.
I will be left to cook myself and spend a long day lazily...honestly I like to spend the day lazily, without any hurry, doing all the chores slowly in my own time, with some music.
So this  pulao, do not require any grinding, can be done within half hour and enjoyed warm all for  yourself.
You can use only ghee to cook pulao, its optional.
But I have used oil instead and finally drizzled a spoon of shudh ghee for aroma and taste.
You can top with any salan or raitha.
But I love to have just the pulao, with no side dish.
Its very easy.
Chop vegetables, soak rice for 20 minutes, there you go...

Ingredients:
Basmathi Rice - 1 cup, sooaked for 20 minutes,
Oil - 1 tablespoon,
Bay Leaf - 2,
Cinnamon - 2, 1 inch stick,
Cloves - 4,
Cardamom - 1,
Star Anise - 1,
Cashew - 10-12, optional,
Green Chillies - 2 slit length wise,
Garlic - 5 cloves finely chopped,
Onion - 1 medium sliced,
Mixed Vegetables - 3/4 cup(Beans, Carrot, potato, cauliflower,..),
Green Peas -  2 tablespoon, fresh/frozen,
Water - 2 cups boiled,
Salt.
Ghee - 1 teaspoon, optional.



Method:
After soaking period of rice is done, drain water completely from water and keep aside.
In a wide pan, heat oil/ghee.
Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise.
Fry for few seconds, until all the masalas emit nice aroma to the oil.
Add cashew nut and fry until lightly browned.
Add green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
Add chopped garlic and fry until light brown.
Add onions and fry until transclucent.
Add veggies and peas and fry, until they are half cooked.
Add rice and fry gently for 2 minutes.
Add boiling water and salt and mix well.
Cover and cook  in high for 5 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium low and cook until all the water is evaporated.
Remove from heat and cover and keep it for 5 more minutes.
Drizzle a teaspoon of ghee and mix.
Enjoy with salan or raitha., like me just like that..



1 comment:

  1. Yummy, I haven't done with lunch till now, after seein this post I am craving to have it. Delicious, thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete