Friday 22 November 2013

Sweet Corn Pulao

One of the quickest rice recipes. Good option for packed lunch or one pot meal.
Today I am posting pulao recipe of sweet corn, but some time I will post sweet corn rice, which can had with any gravy.
My kids love sweet corn, I was looking for a good reicpe, but not satisfied with any I came across.
Then one night when I was thinking for next day packed lunch,(there were not much vegetables in the fridge either) then I thought of making my own variations of the recipes I came across.
Took a scribbling pad and went on writing the recipe, as I proceeded, I striked off some of the steps and ingredients, thinking it would be over powering the dish. Then finally scribbled the recipe and took it to the kitchen.
When The final product was done, I tested with my husband and son, my greatest critics, got a wonderful feedback.
So I was satisfied and next when I tasted I was very happy with the outcome and loved it.
Because I have a great problem of not getting satisfied with dish, always try to improve and make it more tasty.
So I hope you will also love it.

Ingredients:
Oil - 1 tablespoon,
Ghee - 2 teaspoons,
Bay leaf - 2,
Onions - 1 large thinly sliced,
Baby Corns - 1 cup (if frozen thawed),
Basmati Rice - 2 cups(soaked for 20 minutes),
Water - 2 cups Boiling,
Milk - 2 cups,
Mint and Coriander Chopped - 1 tablespoon,
Salt.

To Grind:
Green Chillies - 6-8,
Pepper Corns - 8-10,
Ginger - 1 inch,
Garlic Cloves - 4-5,
Cinnamon - 1 inch,
Cloves - 4.



Method:
Grind the ingredients under grinding table to smooth paste with little water.
In a broad pan heat oil. Add bay leaf.
Add sliced onions and fry until glossy.
Add Baby Corns and fry for couple of minutes.
Add Ground Paste and fry until raw smell goes.
Add Boiling water and milk.
Add salt and chopped mint and coriander.
Once the mixture boils well, remove water completely from rice and add to boiling water.
Adding of milk to pulao, is to get the whitish colour to the pulao.
Because after adding the paste I realised that the final pulao  would be of very pale colour.
So I added milk. Its completely optional.
Once the rice is half cooked, add ghee , it adds nice aroma and flavour to pulao.
Cook the rice until completely cooked and fluffly.
Serve with any raita or gravy.
It can be a very good packed lunch as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment